Monday, July 13, 2009

:: Tribute To Friends ::

"I select my friends.. I cant be friends with everyone. Those who make dumb jokes, I hate. Those who don't earn much, I hate. Those who flirt while being married, I hate.."

That's what one of my close friend once said. I kept quiet at that time of the conversation because I wanted to avoid friction. But the truth is, we are all special in our own way. And judging a person is not really our job in the first place.

I have a few friends who are earning very very little and a few who are unemployed and to be honest, they thought me a lot of things on how to save money and proved to me that all the best things in life are indeed free.

I have a few friends who constantly make dumb jokes. In fact, most of the time, I don't even understand their jokes and sometimes are offended by their jokes. But these are the people who thought me to laugh at anything at all. We don't need a*tro for entertainment if we see the world in a new humorous perspective.

I have a few friends who flirt with other women behind their wives back. I don't condone the act but they are the ones who help me recognize the 'buaya' easily. And honestly, based on experience, those guys who flirt and talk about women constantly are the ones who are harmless. Those quiet guys, 'konon-konon baik' guys are the ones u need to be careful of.

This past months made me realize I should count my blessings. I have a lot of great friends who stuck with me thru my ups and downs. From crying out of nothing in mus' place and being the 'bahan' till now, to sessions of starbucking and random conversations with amir to sneaking into the cinemas without buying any tickets with arip and ijok, to enjoying the scenery of the tasik under hot blazing sun with munir, to endless sessions of teh tarik and karaoke with almost everyone, I realized that whoever my friends are, they each have something wonderful to offer. Granted, they also have their own unique weaknesses, but why focus on the negative when the positive is much more wonderful?

So today, from the bottom of my heart, I thank all my friends. Be it those whom I see frequently or those I see less or those I don't see at all but somehow are connected with me albeit only through electronic devices.

THANK YOU FRIENDS!! I APPRECIATE ALL THE LOVE AND CARE THAT YOU SHOWED TO ME DESPITE MY WEAKNESSES. I LOVE YOU! MAY WE BE FRIENDS WHO LIFT EACH OTHER UP TOWARDS GREATNESS!

3 comments:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

Let me quote a hadith (with highlights on the bolded words)

"Seven (types of) people will be shaded by God in His shadow on the day on which there will be no shade other than His: a just ruler; a young man raised in the worship of God; a man whose heart is attached to mosques; two people united in the love of God who join for Him and separate for Him; a man who is summons by a noble and beautiful woman to whom he says, “I fear God”; a person who gives charity secretly such that his left hand does not know what his right hand is giving; and a person who remembers God in seclusion and whose eyes fill (with tears).
-Abu Huraira

In life, there would be many friends and acquaintances that we will meet. Some will teach us, some will learn from us, some we will share our hearts with, while others we will keep it hidden.

But the most precious would be those that we meet and join because of Allah and when we part ways it is also because of Him.

Wallahualam.

Anonymous said...

Thank U for this post.
Now I know who I'm dealing with.

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

Ray of Hope, Thank you so much for the support u've shown. I am definitely blessed to have a friend like u. Take care bro.

Anonymous, thank you for dropping by. Datang la lagi ye..