Wednesday, July 1, 2009

:: DARN!! ::

My quit smoking check-up was today. I went, feeling a little anxious.. knowing that I've been smoking this morning.. I entered the clinic, passed the appointment book, checked my BP and was asked to blow into the Carbon-monoxide detector thingie..

I took a deep breath and blew. And it shows 7!! From 21 to 2 to 1 and now up again to 7??!! Damn! All this from that one freaking ciggie I had this morning? I didn't even need the ciggie.. saja je gatal tangan mintak kat orang.. hampeh tul..

I waited for my name to be called in.. Berborak with this very kind makcik.. with the kind nurse an finally my name was called. I entered nervously and true enough, the doctor scolded me like nobody's business. Hehehe.. i said nothing coz what she said was true.. It was stupid for me to smoke when I've passed the hardest part which was to stop cold-turkey in the first place. Its like I took 1 step forward and 2 steps back.. hahahah..

Anyway, the kind doctor asked me what went wrong and I started talking about me being a little disturbed because its July now... then about my job... then about me not being able to sleep till subuh.. Then she started motivating me.. Amazingly, I was all ok after that mini counseling session..

Isn't it amazing how some people who are not even related to you, not the same race or religion as you, not the same age as you can give you comfort just by showing true and sincere understanding and empathy.. I really adore the doctor..

So from now on.. I'm never gonna touch the ciggie stick ever again! Huaaarrrggghhh!!!

2 comments:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

My friend,

It's tough. I tried 3 times to stop smoking, twice failed. This is my third try. Going to 6 years soon.

Whatever it is, you have to resist the temptation to take that 'only one' stick.

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

I know!!

arrgghh!! I know I have to be stronger!