Monday, June 6, 2011

:: The Next Level ::

Hello Kind People of the Earth!!

Something has been bugging me this past few days.. Its not a big thing but when you're alone, idly doing nothing most of the time, your mind tend to wander and inevitably satan will play its part. 

That said, I am very lucky to have wise friends, whom i can go to for advice or just for inspiration. So this morning, I came to work with a disturbed mind. Didnt know what to do, I talked to the wise man.. he sympathize and empathize with me. I felt relieved. Then he mentioned something that made me think hard about things that I've already learned and known. Its just that sometimes, when you dont practice what you know, you tend to forget.. you are after all only human.. 

When I was telling him about my challenge, he interjected and told me that I need to get through this in order for me to get to the next level. OMG!! Its been quite a few years since I heard anyone other than myself, talking about the 'level'. I always say things like, we vibrate at the same level, or we need to shed some burden (including negative friends) for us to rise to the next level, or things like that but I doubt a lot of people understand me. I preach this to my husband all the time.. only because I want us to evolve and grow together to the next and better level.

That conversation meant a lot. i feel much better. I now realize that I just need to stay calm, especially during this pregnancy period because, my wise friend said, satan loves to interfere with a pregnant woman's mind and evoke fear and doubt because that is the time when women are usually weak and full with emotional hormones. 

And now, I am psyched and motivated! Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me! No money to buy my Lumix? So what? I still have my Nikon.. Cant go to Sipadan? So what? there's always next year.. Friends dont want to be friends? So what? I have my friends who still vibrate at my level and we grow together towards the next level.. No money? so what? I still have my health and loved ones..

This is what i tell my hubby all the time.. 
"Associate yourself with successful people, and their success will eventually rub off on you.. Associate yourself with problematic people and you will eventually get some of their problem.. Its inevitable!!" in short, "Birds of the same feather flock together".. Drug addicts will be friends with drug addicts (because they vibrate and stay at the same level).. Businessmen will be friends with businessmen (again, because they are in the same level).. rich people will have rich friends (because of the same reason).

So dear friends, things that dont kill you will only make you stronger.. Be aware of what you put into your head because your subconscious mind is so powerful, it will attract whatever you are thinking.. in simple terms, whatever u say or think about, is your doa.. if you think and say it often enough, Allah will grant it for you. So bersangka baik dan berkata baiklah sentiasa.. 

A book I would like to highly recommend is Power of your subconcious mind by Joseph Murphy. A must read!



So there you go!.. Take care fellow friends of the same level.. Love you!

2 comments:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

The last time I check, I need 3,235 points to go to the next level.... j/k..

Actually, I don't prescribe to the "level" idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but the concept of "level" seems to me as though there's a certain boundary that exist between each progression of selfhood.

I believe we are born good, our soul is good and our heart is pure. That is our fitrah. Coupled that with a perfect form God created for us, we have already attained greatness. That is why the prophet Adam a.s., the first human, was created and put in Heaven because that is where we should belong.

But along the way, we strayed from our true and straight path. We forget the reason for our existence, that is to submit ourselves to God. We forget that in fully submitting to God, we can reach greatness. Instead, we try to find greatness in other things, in material wealths, in physical beauty, in successful careers, in intelligence. In all things temporary. And as such our so called "greatness" is also temporary. Losing one "greatness" we jump and try to find other "greatness", the further we look, the more lost we becomes. And all the "greatness" we acquired becomes a layer on our heart, getting us further from the truth.

Whereas, the truth of the matter is we just need to submit our heart to God to achieve true greatness. We have to shed all the "greatness" that we have achieved away from our heart. To do that we have to go back to our fitrah, think only of good things, say only of good words, do only of good deeds. In time, when our heart is pure again, we will realise that the simple act of submitting our heart to God, is all what it takes to achieve greatness.

It's a long journey, a hard struggle to go back to our fitrah, I pray for your very best effort and that God will help you along your way.

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

Good point.

To me, 'level' is just a term that i (and maybe a few more people) use to somehow differentiate or acknowledge progress in oneself. There is no right or wrong term and opinion of course.. as long as we improve ourselves towards god's way, we are in the right track.

And yes, its a long long journey to be a better being and muslim.. some just sail smoothly towards greatness and some need to experience a major tragedy to be reminded of the almighty. We can only do what we think is best, talk, think, hope for only good things and Allah will guide us. Thats all you can hope for really.. to be guided towards the right path, or in my term, to be guided towards a higher level..

However, i still strongly believe that sometimes we need a conscious effort to associate ourselves with the right people so that we can learn from them and somehow be like them. It sounds selfish, i know but as long as my iman is still shaky, i'm just gonna stick with positive friends and minimize the negative ones..

just my 2 cents..