Thursday, June 2, 2011

:: 31st May 2011 ::

Its that day again.. My 32nd birthday.. woot woot!!!

Long ago, i would be wishing for a surprise karaoke celebration attended by loads of friends with loads of presents.. Long ago, i would wish for a huge bouquet of flowers to be delivered to my office by my other half, followed by a grand dinner and an expensive present when I get home.. Long ago I was naive. Long ago I was immature. 

This year, he asked me what I want for my birthday and in a heartbeat, I replied 'nothing', coz i already have everything that I could ever wish for. And the amazing thing is, i meant it. i really did. 

I am content with my life and am truly thankful for it. 


I have a beautiful, loving and caring family.. My parents and brothers, they were and still are my greatest fan and supporter.. And now i have my in-laws who love me, and care for me and treat me with respect and love.. 


















I have a wonderful husband. With whom I feel safe and loved. A husband who knows his responsibilities and works hard to provide for his family.. A husband who knows how to make me laugh my head off.. (a friend from MMU once asked me (and i think it was recorded) "apai, describe your dream guy" I said, "bald, tall & funny! Most importantly, FUNNY!"). That affirmation became a reality when I married my husband. I guess its true when they say, speak only of good things as what you say is your 'doa' and will eventually become your reality.






I have a beautiful baby growing inside of me.. A gift from Allah that I am truly thankful for. Every kick brings a smile to my face.. Knowing that he will be here in Ramadhan makes it much more meaningful. InsyaAllah its a boy, and going to be born in August. We are going to name him after my late brother, Faizal (who was born on 16 August 1980). I'm praying for his health and I'm praying for Allah's guidance for me in becoming a great mom.. 














I have a beautiful shelter, near my office and hubby's shop, a safe home, not too big and not too small, just nice for us.. 










I have a stable job, where I get to practice what I believe in.. Where I can fight for the environment and get paid for it.. Where I can go diving and be considered as working.. 









I have loving friends. Friends from my primary school in Johor, from secondary school in SBPS, Sabah & SIGS, JB.. Friends from MMU, friends from Flare, Air Asia, Emirates, CIMB, Royal Selangor and Edaran. Friends whom I met along the way.. Horse riding friends, Diving Friends.. Friends who support and stick with me when I hit rock bottom.. Friends who celebrate and laugh with me when I'm at the top of my world.. Most importantly, friends who are honest and love me for who I am.. As friends, we grew together and we embrace each other's change and advancement.. These are the friends who will be with me till the day I draw my last breath.. To those 'friends' whom I've lost along the way, thank you for making my life meaningful when you were in it.. Good luck in your life and should our paths crossed again, I hope we will be vibrating at the same level.




So Alhamdulillah! I am counting my blessing! May this year bring much happiness and wisdom from the Almighty. 



When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself.




~ Jacques Yves Cousteau

4 comments:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

SIGS, JB? Erh, kenal tak budak nama Eliza? Dulu satu kelas ngan dia kat Matrik UKM..

Anyway, happiness is when you decide to be happy. Not when other people decide for you..

faizah said...

Kenal. Fair n tall girl kan..

And happiness is when u appreciate what u have and let go of what u dont have.

Aapitz said...

hey happy mommy to be, happy belated besday....

wishing you wonderful years ahead...

and yes indeed...when you asked for nothing, you already have everything...:) Alhamdulillah

apai said...

Thank u so much dear.. N amin..