Sunday, December 7, 2008

:: Horsing Around ::

Yesterday I got bored sitting at home. So I called En Rosman and asked if I could ride. He said that I could so I went at around 5. So for the first time, I used my brand new chap and riding boots yesterday. Yeyyyy!!!

At first he was a bit skeptical about letting me ride freely in the paddock, but after 2 rounds of lunging, he decided to let me loose. Since I'm ok with my trot (thanks to En Penn & Awi), he taught me the sitting trot. The thing about sitting trot is that its good if you free your feet from the stirrups. The point is to understand and follow the horses movements and to let the horse feel your instructions with your legs.

Being a gung-ho rider, I released my foot from the stirrups and loosen the rein. (mind you, i was scared but then I remembered Razi's & Razif's advice, "horses can smell your fear. So don't show any. When you're on them, you're the king!"). Then I started to control the horse using my legs. It was Amazing! The horse (whos name is 'deaddog') actually did what I asked him to do!

So today I went riding again.. I was suppose to canter and maybe learn diagonal but unfortunately I got a lazy horse today. He didn't even want to trot properly. Maybe it was my fault as i felt a bit tired and sleepy from all the rain. Ah Well, i can always do it tomorrow..

During all this, I met some amazing people. All the horse community actually know each other and what amazes me is that they always have nice things to say about one another. I am also blessed to know the right people like En Penn & En Fuad & Cikgu Mat Din. So when I mention any of them, I always get special treatment, support and respect beyond words. So that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you have to respect people, be nice to them, and appreciate them. You will get the same treatment in return. It makes life so much easier.

So ok peeps.. Need to have my massage now. My body aches like nobody's business.

Take care!

No comments: