Wednesday, November 4, 2009

:: Counting My Blessing ::

I have made it a point to not feel sorry for myself and not to let others feel sorry for me. I find it hard to accept pity from others.

When 'that' thing happened, I lost quite a handful of friends. Those who took his side, those who judged and decided that I was to blame for the whole thing, those who simply are idiotic.

I was crushed and fell to the bottom end and thought that the life that I've known and love has ended. I fell into the loneliness pit..

But that didn't last long.. I decided soon enough that I'm only gonna do things that I love. Associate myself with positive people, ask help from the Almighty and realign my mindset so that I only attract great things into my life. I kept on telling myself that all that has happened is a blessing in disguise and that I will someday look back and realize that what I experience is not that bad at all.. Compared to those who lost their family to the tsunami, those who lost a limb or those with a terminal disease, mine will be like a walk in the park.

True enough, not long after the tragedy, I landed a job that I've been dreaming of.. befriended friends who make me laugh and lift me up in an instant, found solution to the debt that was dumped on me and found new activities I've always wanted to do but didn't know how to before..

First horse riding, now diving.. I've yet to learn a lot of things about diving but so far I'm enjoying every minute of it. The people I've met are awesome.. They look beyond my flaws and my past, they appreciate my talents and they give me support and encouragement that I needed. The best thing is that they have thought me to just lay back and enjoy each moment as they come.. No more protocol, no issues about who's making more money or who's got a bigger car.

The best thing is that I'm being paid to dive and be by the beach. I am grateful for this job!. When I want to ride, they have a horse stable.. when I want to dive, well, I have to dive since its my project in Terengganu..

Moral of the story is, when you think that you've hit rock bottom, think again. There is always somebody else out there who's having a worst day than you.. Be patience because you never know what God is planning for you. Always be optimistic and think of only good things and good things will come you way.

At the same time, be grateful.. So, Alhamdulillah.. I am very very grateful for all my blessings..

Chow peeps.. Take it easy.. And take care of your loved ones..


7 comments:

mukeh said...

i like this!

Faizah said...

thank u mukeh..

nadya.s said...

tumpang lalu lagi.. ehem2.. apakah? apakah alasan yg gambar aku ada dlm post entry yg sgt positive ini?

aku terasa sgt terharu.. :)

a good one btw babe. thank you.

A RAY OF HOPE said...

Salam. In one of the Chapters in the book La Tahzan (Don't Be Sad), it specifically discusses the topic of looking at others who have it worst than you. If you think you have it bad, there would always be others who have it worst.

After realising this, we should start to count our blessings. Even the smallest one. Sometimes we take for granted the 'free' gifts that Allah have given us, like good health, free time, loving family, steadfast friends not to mentioned a perfect and sound body and mind.

I'm reminded of a part of a Hadith which I'll paraphrase here, "If you can not be grateful to Allah (syukur) for the little things, do not think you can be grateful to Allah (syukur) for the great things". I feel inadequate whenever I'm reminded of this Hadith, realising that time and again I always forgot to praise and thank Allah for His mercy.

We have to always cherish what we have, and give praise to Allah for His blessings either big or small. Alhamdullilah, not just on our tongue but in our heart.

La Tahzan my friend, in Allah we find hope. Allah Knows Best.

Faizah said...

nad: hehe.. mekaseyy.. singgah la slalu ye.. thanks for being a true friend beb.. luv ya.

a ray of hope: yes.. a dear friend gave me the la' tahzan book during my deepest moment.. n i remember that chapter clearly. In fact, that book helped me a lot.

Another thing that stuck in my mind from d book was the phrase 'nobody wanna kick a dead dog'.. so whenever i feel hurt by somebody's action or words, I'm reminded of that phrase and i will smile instantaneously..

thanks for your support bro. a friend in need is a friend indeed huh..


luv all of u!! take care!

naz74 said...

hey Apai,


Must say your blog is an interesting read. A good mix of your life story sad and happy. your posting on what happened in your life did move me. carry on blogging, i will be a regular reader of it!

Faizah said...

thanks Nazrein..

fell free to drop by anytime.. readers like u make my day!

take care.