Sunday, February 27, 2011

:: 14 weeks 5 days scan ::

Hello happy people of the earth!

Those who are close to me are aware that I have a fibroid in my tummy.. It has grown from 2cm to now 7cm. It scared me at first.. I bawled my eyes out the first time my kind gynea told me about the fibroid, but after a through explanation, I truly understand that having a fibroid is as normal as having a mole on your skin. It will only becomes a nuisance when it gets too big. And mine is considered big. My gynea explained that at some point of my pregnancy, the growth of the fibroid will stop or hopefully shrink as the baby grow. However, i would feel the extra discomfort when my tummy gets crowded. When asked would this fibroid be dangerous to my baby, she strongly said no.. so I stopped worrying. I told myself and my hubby that I can handle the discomfort... No biggie..

It has been very uncomfortable since a couple of weeks ago and it gets worst since last week. I couldnt drive or walk much as a slight shake would give me cramps, similar like a severe menstrual cramp. I couldnt sleep that well because a slight movement would wake me from my sleep, agonized by pain. Hubby was very very supportive.. He would hug and kiss the pain away but there is so much he can do.. the rest I leave it up to Allah. 

So on the 23 feb, we went to our routine check up and I armed myself with a bunch of questions about my fibroid pain for my gynea. She answered my questions patiently, showed empathy and finally she performed the scan. We were so happy to learn that the fibroid has stopped growing. And the pain that i'm experiencing now is totally normal, and if at some point I feel that the pain is unbearable, she would be happy to admit me and monitor my condition closely. I told her I might take up on her offer one day. So then she moved on to scanning my baby...

The moment she applied pressure to see the baby clearly, my baby, my beautiful precious baby started to move. It was doing some sort of a dance.. sort of like a worm dance.. it was doing it a few times, that made me and the gynea laugh. So I told the doctor to hold it for a bit as I wanted my hubby to see the dance.. He was in the room but couldnt clearly see the big screen. I called hubby and asked him to look at the big fat flat screen that was in the room.. as soon hubby arrived, my baby suddenly stopped dancing and started clapping its hand.. MasyaAllah!!! That brought tears to both our eyes.. Our baby is so cute!!! Hahaha.. I know I'm bias, but what the hell.. Its my baby.. 



8 weeks 6 days

The happy joyous baby at 14 weeks 5 days


"Ya Allah, Kau permudahkanlah perjalanan 9 bulan ku.. Kau berilah kesihatan kepada anakku.. Berikan dia kesempurnaan fizikal dan mental.. jadikan dia anak yang soleh, yang akan membawa kebahagiaan kepada semua yang disekelilingnya.. Amin.."

6 comments:

Aapitz said...

Those were the happy tears.. :)

Insyaallah, everything will go smoothly.

U take care and have a good rest okay..

Faizah said...

yes.. very very happy.. :D

Thanks so much Apit.. Good luck for your new home k.. seronoknya nak renovate!!! terasa cam eric leong lak..

Unknown said...

amin ya rabbal alamin...

semangat! wahai kawan ku...

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

mekasih my fren...

@dR3h said...

i cried reading this.. owh such happy occation :) wish i could experience it also.. Take care peejah, mmg cute pun baby ko.. just look at his mommy :D

Faizah said...

Thanks Herda.. U will.. I am sure your time will come.. doa banyak2.. take care dear..